Riverwards Produce provides unique quality ingredients to creative chefs and neighbors alike. We focus on sourcing local ingredients and "ugly" produce that may not make it to big box supermarkets. Being located in Philadelphia, we have an abundant amount of local produce available to us between New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We make sure the neighborhood gets to experience that abundance as much as possible.
So what can you expect from us? Here are just some of the highlights!
- local and organic produce [of course!]
- a bulk section full of nuts and grains
- meat and eggs from Primal Supply
- bread from local bakeries such as Lost Bread and Philly Bread
- cheeses from local cheese makers like Valley Milkhouse
- vegan options from leading and up and coming brands.
- flowers from local farms like Jig Bee Florals
Food waste is definitely something we are aware of and aim to minimize within our operations. The market offers a dollar bag section for produce that may only have a few days of shelf life left. This allows produce to be accessible at a variety of price points. The market also participates in a composting program with Bennett Compost. Any produce or flowers that spoil are collected into buckets throughout the day to be tossed in our large compost bin outside.
Everything you find in our market has been thoughtfully sourced by Vincent, the owner, and his team. The quality of the ingredients, the origin, and even the packaging are all considered before putting them on our shelves. We are constantly growing and expanding our offerings and we hope you will continue to grow with us!